Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Wedding!

So this is a few months late (as always) but I have been busy baking.  I got married to my wonderful man, Javier in June.  We had gotten engaged in Italy a year and a half ago and had been planning our wedding since.  We decided to get married at the Los Angeles Arboretum in Arcadia, CA and then have the reception at our home.  We spent months fixing up our backyard, planting new grass, flowers, etc. Looking back, I cannot believe we pulled all of that off. I am adding our wedding to my baking blog because I made our wedding cake.  Yes, I know, I am crazy, but it was really the only time the week before that I was relaxed and calm and I had no mishaps which was great!  (and very lucky).

For the cake, I made four tiers. The layers were: Chocolate, red velvet, vanilla with strawberries, and banana. I decided to use fondant so that it would be super white. Our wedding colors were turquoise and yellow and I used those colors as the theme for the cake. I made gum paste yellow roses, white bud flowers, and turquoise trim for each layer. I was so happy with how it turned out.   I was even more happy with how beautiful the cake looked in pictures by our photographer Shannon Lee Images.  You can see other photos from our big day here.









No comments:

Post a Comment