Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Israel and Alejandra's Wedding Cake Pops

About two years ago, Javier and I went to the Rose Bowl U2 concert in Pasadena.  There we met up with some of Javier's friends.  I had known Israel for quite some time, but I met his "date" Alejandra and I could already see the love starting to form between these two.  A year later (at Lupe's wedding), I learned they got engaged!  Now, another year later, we attended their beautiful wedding in Fallbrook.  Alejandra had asked me to make cake pops as favors for her 170 guests.  I must also mention that she was my very first paying customer as well!  (I made Israel's birthday cake last year and the rest is history!) I made chocolate and red velvet ones and dipped them in chocolate and sugar pearls to match their wedding colors. I must say when I went to deliver them, I instantly gasped at how gorgeous the reception and venue was.  Now I have been to many a wedding in my day, (baking for them, helping Javier photograph them) and this one stands out as one of the most beautiful. I was so pleased to have such an elegant backdrop for my treats. It made me feel fancy!  The night was truly enjoyable and I had no mishaps transporting almost 200 chocolate treats in 80 degree weather with an almost 2 hours car drive :)  My photo of all the pops in their boxes does not want to attach for some reason, but it was an impressive sight in that car!  Anyway, I wish Alex and Israel all in the best in their new lives together and thank them for including me on their big day. 

Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Avila De Anda!

The final products!  I was quite pleased with how they came out. 

Awaiting their packaging.

The beautiful bride and handsome groom walking down the aisle.


Javier and I at that gorgeous venue!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment